Wednesday 18 February 2015

Natural Nude.






It seems that recently everybody is after the perfect natural/nude lip combo (potentially has something to do with a particular Jenner sister ehem...), anyway, seeing as the cult favourite Mac Velvet Teddy really does not suit my scarily pale skin, I had to venture out and find one which would suit me a lot better. Lone behold I cam across this duo from L'oreal when I made a quick pit stop at Superdrug a few months ago - as you do - and I have been wearing it ever since...



The L'oreal infallible lip liner in 708 Always Toasted looks so natural and pretty on the lips and is super easy to create the definition needed when wearing a more nude lip. It lasts on the lips for hours and doesn't dry them out or flake off during the day either and because it's a retractable pencil it means that you don't have to faff about with messy sharpeners either. The lipstick is from the 'Exclusive collection' and is in the shade J Lo's Nude - it has gorgeous matte black and gold packaging which really floats my boat too. The colour is a sheer pinky-brown which feels quite moisturising on the lips - quite similar to the Mac creemsheen lipsticks in formula - and has a tiny bit of shimmer running through it. Normally I try to steer clear of shimmer in lipsticks but this is hardly noticeable and makes your lips look more shiny than caked with glitter. On my very fair skin tone, these two colours go nicely together to create a subtle 'your lips but better' shade without making them look too brown, while avoiding the ghastly washed-out-concealer-lips look (not the most memorable trend to come out of 2009 I must say).
What's your go to natural lip look?
E x

No comments :

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.